Monday, September 14, 2009

Obsessed


During the past few months I have been on a personal quest to learn all there is to learn about moped maintenance and have been following the activities and hi-jinks of "biker gangs" of the Moped Army, one branch specifically known as Motion Left.  I have been reading a lot of literature on moped maintenance, have been working on my own moped, and have also been following the news about rallies in different states. 


I realized last night, while I was avoiding other responsibilities by reading Moped Maintenance & Repair by Morris Fraser, that I have developed quite an obsession with mopeds and moped culture.  What was once a weekly night hanging out at a shit-hole bar in downtown Mishawaka, Wednesday nights have now become my "Mopednesday" with my Motion Left peeps, working on and riding mopeds around the city of Elkhart.  I no longer spend money on random things to keep me occupied...all my spare cash (what we call in my family my "allowance") is now going towards my little green piece-of-shit Gadabout.  For the first time in my life I have found a hobby that I can stick with that actually makes me use my brain and allows me to learn things that I am extremely interested in while giving me a sense of pride in what I have accomplished.  I like this feeling a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment