Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Moped Army Branches

Today I had a chance to talk with a member of the Motion Left branch of the Moped Army (located in Elkhart, IN).  I was curious, for personal as well as professional reasons, how one becomes a member.  The individual I spoke with did not have a very clear answer for me, as apparently there is not a certain set of criteria for becoming a member.  Basically you must present a distinct interest in mopeds, live in the area, and hang out long enough to show the other branch members that you are going to stick around for a while.  He also mentioned that it helps that you are not an asshole.

During my personal inquiry about mopeds I have realized, more and more, that I am really beginning to love every aspect of moped culture.  I recently decided to send out emails to many of the members of Motion Left, as well as posting one on the Moped Army site's general forum, to find out what other members think about moped culture and to share what this experience means to them.  So far the results are amazing.  I am going to post the narratives, from time to time, on my blog so all two people reading this can see how great the personal moped experience can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment